(Applicable to all Desert Hire Vehicle Bookings) Desert Car Hire will only negotiate current rates upon written proof of better offers received by other competitive Rental Outlets
Rental Rates, Periods and Other Charges
Rates are quoted in N$, Namibian Dollar and include:
- Rates inclusive of VAT (15%)
- Rental includes unlimited kilometers
- Rates include Collision and Theft Cover
- Rates include all standard vehicle accessories
- Rates include transfers from and to the International Airport
- Rates are calculated per day, being one 24 hour cycle
The rental rates exclude:
- Excess deposit and non-waiverable excess
- Rates exclude trailers, camping equipment, additional charges as well as excess deposits
- Additional and young driver surcharge
- Delivery and collection fees
- Non-standard accessories and equipment
- Breakdown, road-side assistance and recovery charges, except for mechanical failure
- Damages/loss excluded from the insurance (see insurance)
- Damage / loss claims, fines and administration fee
- Additional insurance for tyre and windscreen damage (optional and for client's decision)
- Extra spare tyre charge
- Cross border permits
Terms of Payment
- 25% non-refundable deposit due on confirmation
- Full payment due on arrival / collection
- Payment accepted in cash (N$ / ZAR), by credit card, electronic bank transfer or bank guaranteed cheque
Cancellations and no-show
- No show: 100% of the total rental amount will be charged.
- 1 - 7 days prior to arrival: 75% of the total rental amount will be charged.
- 8 - 15 days prior to arrival: 50% of the total rental amount will be charged.
- 16 - 30 days prior to arrival: 25% of the total rental amount will be charged.
- A valid and unendorsed license must be produced by all drivers.
- The minimum age for authorized drivers is 23 years.
- Maximum 2 drivers allowed per vehicle.
Excess and Security Deposit
The full excess amount as decided by the client per vehicle is payable as a deposit before the vehicle is collected or delivered. This deposit is refunded to the client once the vehicle has been returned and after any further charges that may occur when the vehicle is returned or has been recovered: minor damages and repairs, vehicle returned without a full tank of fuel, speeding fines, and windscreen, underbody or tyre damage. Tyre and windscreen insurance is offered by Desert Car Hire and is for client's decision to make use or omit. The excess is payable only by credit card or in cash.
Extending Your Rental Period
To extend your rental period, please advise Desert Car Hire 48 hours (2 days) prior to the original contract's expiry date, failing which your insurance cover will lapse.
Termination of Rental
Please allow at least 30 minutes to return the vehicle and settle final charges. Please ensure that the keys are handed to Desert Car Hire personnel only. Desert Car Hire will not be liable for any losses incurred by the client due to flights missed. It's the client's responsibility to allow ample time to return to the point of departure and allow for any possible delays along the way.
The following is not covered by the insurance:
- Personal Property
- Personal injury / death
- Tyre, Windscreen and glass damage (optional insurance available)
- Sandstorm and water damage
- Under-carriage damage not caused by a collision
Desert car Hire strongly recommends that all clients have insurance for medical expenses, baggage loss, cancellation/curtailment, default and personal injury or death due to an accident. Medical Rescue and travel insurance can be arranged on your behalf (Prices on request).
Factors that will negate all cover:
- Gross or criminal negligence.
- Speeding on gravel and tarmac roads.
- Overturning a vehicle where no other vehicle is involved.
- Unauthorized drivers.
- Failing to obtain authorization to extend the rental.
- Not reporting an accident or loss to the Namibia Police immediately.
- Not reporting an accident or loss to Desert Car Hire immediately.
- Not adhering to traffic, road and driving rules and regulations.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or any illegal substance.
- Unsuitable or reckless driving.
- Road conditions not suitable for the type of vehicle used.
- Unauthorized cross border rentals.
- Not being able to produce keys in case of theft.
- Not reporting exact details of last known location of vehicle prior to theft.
Over Border Rental
- No vehicle may be taken out of Namibia without prior authorization and a valid permit.
- Travel is allowed to Botswana, South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- Client is responsible to return damaged vehicle to within the borders of Namibia.
- The vehicle is provided complete with:
- Radio / CD Player
- Air Conditioner
- First Aid Kit
- Fire Extinguisher
- Jumper Leads
- Spare wheel, jack and spanner
Breakdown and Roadside Assistance
Immediate assistance will be provided in the event of a breakdown or any road side emergency by our representatives authorized to do so. Where a vehicle cannot be repaired Desert Car Hire will arrange that a new vehicle be delivered to you. Recovery of the vehicle and/or roadside mechanical assistance will necessitate extra charges and be billed to the client, except where such a vehicle failure is not caused by the client. Where a vehicle cannot continue under this agreement due to negligence, accident or fault on behalf of the Renter this agreement will become null and void. A new agreement will take effect to the replacement vehicle with all conditions, rates, excesses and other implications ditto to this agreement.
- Vehicles must be returned in the same condition as received, including all accessories and equipment.
- Vehicles are rented subject to the terms and conditions of the rental agreement, laws of Namibia and our insurance policies,
- We reserve the right to substitute vehicles with a similar vehicle,
- Rental beyond the return date must be arranged 48 hours in advance,
- We reserve the right to cost the rental agreement and charge the credit card within 72 hours of termination,
- Traffic fines are for your own account and will be charged to your credit card if you do not settle fines before leaving Namibia.
- Off-Road driving through bushes, riverbeds etc. as well as dune driving is strictly prohibited and the client will be held responsible for all damages caused. Beach driving for fishing purposes is however acceptable.